SierraSoft Roads - BIM Software for Roads and Highways
SierraSoft Roads is a BIM software for planning, designing and managing roads and highways. The ease of use, outstanding performance and functional design offered by SierraSoft Roads mean that the design of any kind of road, roundabout, junction, intersection, sliproad etc., is both rapid and precise. SierraSoft Roads automates entire stages of the design and makes everything extremely easy; the designer always has complete control over the design data and constant access to all its information. Based on a powerful BIM modeler with other applications and sharing information via open file formats. SierraSoft Roads complies with 2014/24 / EU Directive from the European Parliament.
BIM for infrastructure.
Share, collaborate, communicate.
SierraSoft Roads is a software for the BIM (Building Information Modeling) design of roads and highways.
The BIM design takes place via the BIM exchange functionality, which is part of M3 framework, and is available exclusively within SierraSoft Subscription. BIM exchange is a powerful tool that allows for the integration of topography works, infrastructure design and construction within the processes, guidelines and tools used for the BIM.
Alignment design in a natural way.
A new system with a few essential commands allows to solve complicated cases in a natural way through grips, properties and intelligent objects. Everything is displayed in real time and can be verified due to the current policy.
The alignment design has never been so easy.
Modification and control in real time.
Set to zero waiting times between the changes and the final results.
It is possible to control the design like never before, drastically reduce designing time thanks to 3D real time cross-section on planimetry.
By changing a parameter everything is updated automatically. The result can be immediately checked even before creating the final project. Maximum control over the entire design and over every detail.
- Create the project with one click.
- It is possible to create a project with incredible ease.
- Insert axis and define the typical sections
- and you will have the finished project only with one click.
- Do you need to make some changes?
- You can do it just where you need it
- and then with one click everything is updated.
Whether it’s roundabouts, at-grade intersections or complex interchanges, you can design them with SierraSoft Roads fast and accurately as never before. With a few click you can create and directly change them in 3D on planimetry.
Easily create parametric typical sections. Create and customize your typical sections as you'v never done before, thanks to the intuitive system of SierraSoft Roads: a simple objects oriented system combined with a very powerfull parametric system.
Sections and profiles.
- Choose the data you want to extract.
- SierraSoft Roads automatically renders profiles and sections from models,
- laser scanner surveys and digital maps. You can extract and analyze edges, walls,
- ditches and any other element of the section, directly on profile.
Calculate volumes as you want.
From the elements available of the section you can obtain the volumes you want, just putting on relation cut, fill, walls, ditches. According to the elements available on the sections, you decide wich are the areas and the volumes you want to estimate.
Upload and manage point clouds in a very simple way.
Easy handle one or more point clouds of any size. Loading and display are really fast, drawing and extraction functions occur in real time. With just a few click you can extract models and calculate volumes in many different ways. A special tool 'SierraSoft Mass Data Convertes' allows to convert LAS, XYZ, PTS and XCF files so that you are able to handle them with SierraSoft Roads.
- SierraSoft Roads
- Software BIM for road and highway design
- Version 4.0
- Perpetual license or time limited license
- Microsoft® Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7.
- 32 bit (x86) or 64 bit (x64) processor 1 GHz or more.
- 2 GB minimum RAM (4 GB recommended).
- 2 GB hard disk space.
- Display Resolution 1280x1024 True Color (1600x1050 or more recommended).
- Browser Windows Internet Explorer® 9.0 (or later).
- M3 framework Platform.
- Ergonomic Interface.
- Customized sliding toolbar.
- Management of multiple windows, multi pages and multi monitors.
- Standard windows and full screen working method.
- Intelligent Command line.
- SmartSave system for the secure saving of data.
- International unit of measure management (Metrics and Imperials).
- SmartHelp system for learning by doing.
- Software: English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Greek.
- Sample files: Italian.
- Getting Started Guide: English, Italian.
- User Manual: English, Italian.
- SmartHelp: English, Italian.
- Technology: SierraSoft BIM exchange.
- BIM kind: Full BIM + Open BIM.
- BIM sector: BIM for Infrastructure.
- BIM dimensions: 3D, 4D, 5D.
- BIM level: 2nd level.
- Formats: IFC, LandXML, other 'common' or 'familiar' formats.
- SierraSoft Roads complies with 2014/24 / EU Directive from the European Parliament and the new Procurement Code (Legislative Decree 50/2016).
- For more information on BIM meanings, please consult this page.
- For more information on BIM exchange, consult this page.
- High-performance 3D graphic engine.
- Full 3D CAD.
- Insertion of drawing elements (lines, arches, texts, blocks etc.).
- Tools for editing drawing elements (drag, cut, etc.).
- Tools for drawing analysis (distance, angles, etc.).
- Advanced drawing and editing functions.
- Subprojects management.
- WBS management.
- View mode: drawing and realistic.
- Management of drawing styles.
- Cloud storage (BIM exchange is required).
- 3D visualization and perspective with shading.
IMAGES AND PICTURES
- Management of raster images: upload and visualization.
- Management of georeferenced images.
- Maps download from Google Maps (BIM exchange is required).
- Images insertion on the model.
SURVEY AND MODELS
- Management of file from land surveying instruments
- (BIM exchange is required).
- Insertion and editing of survey points.
- Management of breakline and boundary constraints.
- Constrained automatic triangulation.
- DTM download from Google Maps (BIM exchange is required).
- Creation of contour lines.
- Merge of model triangles with axis models.
- Visualization according to the color scale of elevation of model triangles.
- Visualization of point clouds.
- Direct drawing on point clouds.
- Simultaneous management of multiple clouds.
- Real time extraction of profiles and sections from the clouds.
- Management of point clouds originating from the laser scanner systems, lidar, Mobile Mapping and drones (UAV/APR).
- Conversion from various formats (LAS, XYZ, PTS, XCF, etc.)
- with “SierraSoft Mass Data Converter” software.
- Definition of horizontal alignment: straights, circular curves, clothoids.
- Integrated policy control of horizontal alignment elements.
- Management of planimetry polylines.
- Tools to extract the planimetry polylines.
- Speed diagram.
- Policy control of speed diagram.
- Management of geometry annotation through customized styles.
- Definition of vertical alignment: grade lines,
- circular vertical curves, parabolic vertical curves.
- Integrated policy control of vertical alignment elements.
- Management of profile dimensioning through customized styles.
- Management of profile polylines.
- Extraction of profile polylines from customizable styles.
- Automatic management of at-grade intersections
- (crossroads, roundabouts, etc.).
- Automatic management of lane intersections (Interchanges, ramps, etc.).
- Definition of customized at-grade intersections schemes.
- Customized definition of superelevations in at-grade intersections.
- Graphic modification of intersection areas.
- Management by station of the typical sections.
- Management by station of the zones of creation of the project planimetry.
- Complete and partial creation of the project planimetry.
- Management by station of default and customized features of typical sections (width of roadways, shoulders, sideslope, slope, etc.).
- Automatic calculation of superelevations according to policy.
- Customized management by curve and by station of superelevations.
- Automatic calculation of widenings according to law.
- Customized management by curve and by station of widenings.
- Definition of customized typical sections.
- Wide archive of parametric objects for the definition of the typical sections.
- Manual entry of cross-sections.
- Dynamic cross-section visualization.
- Management by station of the automatic entry of cross-sections.
- Management by station of the zones of creation of cross-sections.
- Management by station of extraction parameters of cross-sections.
- Management by station of calculation parameters of areas and volumes.
- Management of cross-sections dimensioning through customized styles.
- Management of polylines cross-sections.
- Extraction of cross-section polylines from customizable styles.
- Calculation of terrain cross-sections from: triangle digital model,
- break lines, points and point clouds.
- Calculation of areas and volumes from customizable styles.
ROAD AND HIGHWAY DESIGN STANDARDS
- Specific environment for the definition of the road and highway design standard.
- Customization of the road and highway design standards.
- Check of road and highway design standard controls.
- Integration of road and highway design standard controls through
- horizontal alignment elements and vertical alignment elements.
- Library of road and highway design standards reference.
- BR - Manual de Projeto Geométrico de Rodovias Rurais 1999
- BR - Manual de Projeto Geométrico de Travessias Urbanas 2010
- DEU - Richtlinien für die Anlage von Straßen, RAS 1995
- ESP - Instrucción de Carreteras, Norma 3.1-IC 2000
- ESP - Instrucción de Carreteras, Norma 3.1-IC 2016
- FRA - ICTAAL, Instruction sur les Conditions Techniques d’Aménagement
- des Autoroutes de Liaison, Octobre 1985
- FRA - Aménagement des Routes Principal, Ministére de l’Equipement Direction des Routes, 1994
- FRA - ICTAAL, Instruction sur les Conditions Techniques d’Aménagement
- des Autoroutes de Liaison, Circulaire du 12 Décembre 2000
- FRA - ICTAVRU, Instruction sur les Conditions Techniques d’Aménagement
- des Voies Rapides Urbaines, 2009
- ITA - Normativa intersezioni 2006 - Italia
- ITA - Normativa stradale 2002 - Italia
- OMN - Oman Highway Design Standards 2010 - Sultanate of Oman
- PRT - Norma de traçado 1994 - Portugal
- USA - Geometric Design of Highways and Streets 2004 - Imperial
- USA - Geometric Design of Highways and Streets 2004 - Metric
- USA - Geometric Design of Highways and Streets 2011 - Imperial
- USA - Geometric Design of Highways and Streets 2011 - Metric
- Management of axis stakeout and section elements stakeout.
- Export for stakeout and machine control.
QUANTITY AND COSTS
- Management of quantity for quantity takeoff and estimating
- from cross-sections and from entities.
- Management of quantity for quantity takeoff and estimating by WBS.
- Import and export of Geomatics Suite files (.PST).
- Import and export of Autodesk® AutoCAD files (.DXF,.DWG).