Version 10.0 - GWB Essentials
From GWB Software
The Geochemist's Workbench 10.0 Essentials edition makes quick work of some of the tasks most commonly encountered in geochemistry. With a few mouse clicks, you can balance reactions, figure equilibrium constants, and produce Eh-pH (Pourbaix) and activity diagrams. The package features a spreadsheet designed to hold and manipulate your geochemical data.
Program GSS is the Geochemist's spreadsheet, designed to hold and manipulate your chemical analyses. Paste in your data and you can:
- Convert chemical units.
- Compute mineral saturation, gas fugacity.
- Check for charge balance and figure TDS.
- Figure aqueous species distribution, redox state.
- Compare replicates and check standards.
- Produce time series, cross plots, and ternary plots.
- Make Piper, Stiff, Durov, ion balance diagrams.
And much more. Still keeping your analyses in Excel?
Programs Act2 and Tact produce diagrams showing areas of predominance for aqueous species, and stability ranges of minerals and gases. Set as axis variables:
- Eh and pH, including Pourbaix diagrams.
- Aqueous species activity.
- Gas fugacity.
You can also make:
- Solubility diagrams.
- Mosaic diagrams.
- Temperature-activity diagrams.
SpecE8 calculates the distribution of mass among aqueous species. Use the program to:
- Figure concentrations, activities, activity coefficients.
- Calculate mineral saturation states, gas fugacities.
Program Rxn balances chemical reactions. You can:
- Balance reactions among aqueous species, minerals, and gases.
- Calculate equilibrium constants—log Ks.
- Figure equilibrium equations.
- Determine equilibrium temperatures.
- View and edit data tables, elements, species, reactions, log Ks, and virial coefficients.
- Add, delete, sort, or copy and paste entries.
- Rebalance reactions and recalculate log Ks.
- Exchange the location of basis, redox, and aqueous species.
- GSS is a spreadsheet for manipulating and plotting geochemical datasets
- Rxn balances chemical reactions, calculates equilibrium constants, and more
- Act2 generates stability diagrams on activity, Eh, pe, pH, and fugacity axes
- Tact makes temperature-activity and temperature-fugacity diagrams
- SpecE8 figures concentrations of aqueous and sorbed species, saturation, and gas fugacity
- Gtplot displays data from GSS and the results of running SpecE8 and React
- TEdit is a graphical application for quickly and accurately editing and combining thermodynamic datasets
- Spreadsheet for geochemical data
- Convert chemical units
- Time series, cross, and ternary plots
- Piper, Stiff, Durov, Schoeller diagrams
- Show TDS as circles of varying radius on Piper, other plots
- Ion balance bar and pie charts
- Flag non-compliance
- Calculate mineral saturation and gas fugacity
- Mix samples
- Compare replicates and check standards
- Calculate redox state
- Check charge balance
- Compute TDS
- Eh-pH, activity, and fugacity diagrams
- Temperature-activity and temperature-fugacity diagrams
- Solubility diagrams
- Mosaic (ligand speciation) diagrams
- Calculate species’ concentration and activity coefficients
- Redox equilibrium and disequilibrium
- Use “Pitzer equations” to compute activity coefficients
- Sorption by Kd, Freundlich, and Langmuir models
- Ion exchange
- Two-layer surface complexation model
- Gas and mineral buffering; pH-stat
- Balance chemical reactions
- Compute equilibrium constants (log Ks) at temperature
- Derive equilibrium equations, temperatures
- Set line colors individually on x-y plots
- Paste graphs into Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Illustrator
- Save graphics as eps, pdf, ai, emf, svg, and bmp files
- Plug-in to other programs
- Choose 32 bit or even faster 64 bit version
- Option to automatically install maintenance releases
- Edit and combine thermodynamic datasets
- Create and edit datasets of surface reactions
- Flexible redox pivoting in thermodynamic datasets
- Dashboard keeps all your tools in one place