Version GPS-X - World-Class Wastewater Simulation
Make wastewater facility design more efficient, and evaluate every option. Hydromantis is the home of GPS-X, renowned as the world's premier wastewater treatment plant simulation and optimization application. GPS-X is a modular, multi-purpose computer program for the modeling and simulation of municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants. Whether you are designing a new facility, or simulating an existing plant, GPS-X will help you improve your design and operating efficiency.
GPS-X Version 6.0 is the State-of-the-Art in wastewater process simulation. Featuring the industry's easiest-to-use interface and most comprehensive suite of wastewater models, GPS-X provides engineers with a proven tool for process analysis.
Drag-and-Drop Drawing Board
- Create models by simply arranging the unit processes and connecting them up.
Comprehensive Library of Unit Process Models
- GPS-X contains the industry's largest library of process models, covering a wide range of liquid and solids treatment.
- A full suite of biological models cover all common treatment processes for carbon, nitrogen, phosphorus and pH control.
Streamlined Simulation Interface
- A new simulation environment allows modellers quick and easy access to simulation results.
- Summarized output data is available to be viewed, copied and/or printed with a single mouse click.
New Comprehensive Biological Model – 'Mantis2'
- Comprehensive model for Carbon, Nitrogen and Phosphorous removal
- Integrated activated sludge and anaerobic digestion
- Mass balance for COD, C, N, P, Ca, Mg, K
- Unified composite variable calculation
- Two stage nitrification using AOB, NOB, 2-step denitrification
- Methylotrophic biomass
- ANAMMOX biomass
- Gas phase modeling for N2, CO2, H2, CH4
- pH and alkalinity estimation in both liquid and solid train
- Precipitation of CaCO3, MgHPO4, CaPO4, Al and Fe phosphates and struvite
Fast Steady-State and Dynamic Simulations
- GPS-X uses a powerful numerical simulation engine for fast simulation results.
- Simulate 100 days of dynamically changing performance in just minutes.
Advanced Data Handling/Reporting Tools
- Import and export data from GPS-X with the click of a button.
- Pre-formatted spreadsheet reports can be generated directly from GPS-X, showing all simulation data and images.
- Custom report templates can be designed for specific jobs.
Open Modelling Platform, with Open-Source Models
- The GPS-X simulation environment allows users to write/edit/change models, via the ACSL programming language.
- Add any new calculations/algorithms/variables to your model layout.
- Advanced tools such as Model Developer allow for easy biological model manipulation in matrix format.
- All GPS-X input and output menus, as well as the new simulation result summaries, can be edited and customized by the user.
Superior Technical Support
- Hydromantis provides the best support in the business.
- Phone, email and internet meeting (WEBEX) channels provide instant support to clients.
- Join our regular live web seminars for classes, tutorials and tips on how to get the most out of GPS-X.
- GPS-X is available in the following languages:
The following list shows typical applications of GPS-X models by a wide range of users:
- Determine the impact of increased organic and hydraulic loading on an existing plant.
- Verify plant capacity under different loading conditions, temperatures and or operating strategies.
- Evaluate options for converting an existing plant that must meet new nitrification guidelines.
- Compare alternatives for retrofitting an existing process (e.g. conventional activated sludge converted to IFAS).
- Compare various BNR process configurations.
- Investigate dynamic wet-weather performance, and determine best bypass or step-feed procedures.
- Assess different diffused aeration design (e.g., diffuser design, taper and DO control).
- Investigate the impacts of changing to a different operational strategy before implementing it in the field.
- Study the impact of internal recycle rates, anoxic zones, and anaerobic zones on nitrification, denitrification and overall treatment level.
- Model and evaluate the effects of taking specific digesters out of service with the goal to minimize the effect on sludge treatment.
- Determine the effect on the plant performance if a rain event occurs while aeration tanks or clarifiers are taken out of service.
Combined with a plant-specific SCADA-like interface, GPS-X models can be used as an interactive training tool for treatment plant staff:
- use the model to introduce new staff to the behaviour of the WWTP under dynamic conditions
- illustrate the effects of changes to operational parameters (DO setpoints, RAS/WAS rates)
- investigate wet-weather event strategies
- determine the effects of diffuser cleaning on process performance, and estimate the optimum cleaning frequency
Cost Savings Investigations
- Investigate the potential energy cost savings of implementing dissolved oxygen (DO) control or fine tuning existing DO control strategies.
- Use the energy or chemical costing algorithms to estimate cost saving strategies under dynamic operating conditions.
- Evaluate the most cost-effective options for upgrading (i.e.: install another reactor, add IFAS media, increase sludge handling capacity, etc.).
- Balance the cost of sludge hauling and dewatering polymer addition by optimizing polymer dosage.
- Evaluate phosphorus removal options for operating costs. Compare the operating costs of Bio-P (aeration and pumping costs) vs. chemical P removal (chemical addition costs) for your plant.
- GPS-X is used as the primary research/development environment at many academic institutions around the world.
- GPS-X serves as an effective research tool for investigating new process designs and strategies, as well as the development of new wastewater models.
- GPS-X is offered in a multi-user site license configuration, useful for demonstrating wastewater treatment process engineering to undergraduate and graduate students.
- GPS-X allows the students a 'hands-on' experience of running a virtual plant, and interactively seeing the relationships between key parameters and wastewater treatment performance.
Management and Strategic Planning
- Capacity Analysis: by using future organic and hydraulic loading estimates, GPS-X determines when the plant will need to be expanded or upgraded.
- Modeling can be carried out quickly to answer any operational questions associated with taking processes out of service.
- Construction timing can be optimized by estimating the effects of various service reductions on plant compliance.
- Treatment plant owners can use GPS-X to evaluate/confirm plant designs being submitted by consultants.
- GPS-X can be used to reduce the cost of pilot plant operational studies by reducing the need to operate under certain conditions (i.e.: SRT's that require long operating periods and hence increased costs).