Visual Water Designer was developed as a comprehensive design tool that covers a wide variety of hydraulic, process, utility, and general water/wastewater features. The software is organized into three main categories, including hydraulics and pumping, standard treatment design, and advanced treatment design.
The hydraulics/pumping portion of the software allows users to perform calculations on pumping systems, pipes, open channels, orifices/gates, weirs, flumes, flow measurement devices, sewers/manholes, and culverts.
The standard process units section covers almost all of the treatment units encountered in treatment plant design, including clarifiers, activated sludge systems, trickling filters, disinfection, screening devices, grit removal, digesters, sludge thickeners, flocculation, filtration, rotating biological contactors, belt filter presses, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation, and vacuum filtration.
Finally, the advanced treatment process section covers ultraviolet (UV) disinfection, membrane-filtration, reverse osmosis, phosphorus removal, and nitrogen removal.
- Pumping system analysis, including system losses, discharge and suction heads, NPSH, and TDH
- Full flow pipe analysis and associated head losses
- Open channel analysis
- Orifice/gate analysis, with options for analyzing head loss or flow
- Weir analysis for 6 types of weirs
- Flume analysis for 4 types of flumes
- Flow measurement device analysis, including Venturi meters, nozzles, and orifice meters
- Sewer analysis, including manhole head losses
- Culvert analysis based on FHWA design methodology
- Standard process calculations for almost all available water and wastewater treatment processes
- Analyze clarifiers, activated sludge systems, trickling filters, digesters, disinfection, filtration, screening devices, flocculation, grit
removal, and RBCs
- Analyze sludge processing units, including belt filter presses, gravity thickening, centrifuges, dissolved air flotation, and vacuum
- Built-in database allows you to view all assumptions used in any calculation and change those values at any time
- Determine how results are obtained from the advanced reports that display the equations used in the calculations
- Analysis of advanced treatment processes, including membrane-filtration, reverse osmosis, ultraviolet disinfection, phosphorus removal, and nitrogen removal
- Most up to date analyses based on industry standards
- Similar to the standard treatment unit calculations, a built-in assumptions database and advanced reporting features provide the flexibility you need to simplify any calculation