Weather Windows Software
From Ocean Wave Climate
Weather Windows is a software tool that allows the potential impact of weather downtime to be quantified for any offshore operation. It is available either as a service or can be purchased as a software package.
This software can assist decision making in the following areas:
- Commercial aspects of contract letting
- The level of commercial risk when bidding on a lump sum contract
- Selection of the most effective engineering solution
The software requires the following inputs supplied by the user:
- Definition of the offshore operation in terms of operating thresholds on each metocean parameter.
- Historical time series of relevant metocean parameters. Suitable wind and wave data may be obtained from the WorldWaves global database if required.