Access to Medical and Exposure Records for Managers (US)
Federal law provides employees with the basic right to know the extent and consequences of their exposure to harmful substances they work with. This means they are entitled to full access to all of the medical and exposure records generated for them while working for a given employer. This course covers employee rights to access medical exposure records, how to access those records and what information is exempt from employee access.
This online Access to Medical and Exposure Records course covers the following topics:
- Laws and Types of Records
- Access to Records
By the end of this course, an understanding will be gained of:
- Employee rights to access certain records
- Requirements employers must meet when retaining records and informing employees
- Records available and how they can be accessed
- Alternative ways to access medical and exposure information when there are no records available
- Information that is exempt from access
- Approximately 20 minutes
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark. Printable resources are available in the form of a comprehensive student manual. The manual is a valuable resource for future use and knowledge retention.
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.