Advanced GD&T Course
This three-day GD&T course is a comprehensive GD&T course focused on practical application.
- Review the basic concepts and introduce the more complex concepts of the Y14.5 standard
- Provide Participants with the knowledge of proper Datum Feature selection and specification.
- Enable participants to properly interpret and apply each of the Y14.5 controls and rules.
- Enable participants to calculate functional tolerances for position and other tolerances.
- Continue preparing the participants for the ASME GDTP certification exams.
For information about available location(s) click on the link(s) below:
- Illinois: Wingate Schaumburg: Schaumburg, IL
- California: Wyndam: Irvine, CA
- Indiana: Wyndam Gardens Warsaw: Warsaw, IN
Your drawings have GD&T on them! If you have been through the GD&T Basic Level, and you need more knowledge and skill to increase your effectiveness, this course is for you. This program is a continuation of your education in the Y14.5 standard. In this program, we focus on the application and interpretation of GD&T – another step closer to becoming a GD&T expert.Program Outline
The program begins with a review of GD&T, then continues with practical team exercises designed to enhance knowledge, build confidence, and nurture a team environment. This class is a minimum lecture, maximum experience and participation format. The subject matter covered is (as a minimum):
- Introduction – Objectives, review Basic GD&T.
- General rules of dimensioning and drafting review.
- Review of the more complex controls – composite position, projected tolerance zone, etc.
- Datum Reference Frames – proper selection and utilization exercises.
- Calculating tolerances for maximum producibility and 100% interchangeability.
- Functional gauge design – “Soft” or “Paper” as well as tooled gauges
This program is designed for anyone who is currently familiar and proficient with the concepts and practices of GD&T. Particular emphasis is placed on those who are responsible for specifying, and interpreting, technical documentation. Individuals desiring to become a certified Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP) by passing the ASME GDTP exam will need this course.
Prerequisites: Basic GD&T, or equivalent experience.
At AGI we are particularly concerned that the individuals that we teach actually retain that which we and their companies have worked so hard to present. This concern is precisely why we offer, for each participant of any AGI seminar, access to a senior consultant (usually the instructor of the course) who will be available to answer any follow on questions after the course via telephone or fax.