An Introduction into Environmental Law Course
Course Overview: This two hour courseprovides each student with an understanding of the various, sometimes complex, environmental laws and regulations affecting facilities and operations throughout the United States. This dynamic and interactive course is facilitated by instructors who guide each student through the background of each individual law/regulation, carry you into the specifics from beginner to advanced, and provide expert insights into how the laws and regulations may apply to your facility.
Introduction to Environmental Law includes a general introduction to all major environmental laws and regulations; including the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), and Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA). This course is excellent for those new to the environmental field and and excellent refresher for those experienced practitioners. Throughout this course you will learn practical strategies that enhance your company’s compliance.
- Clear understanding of the framework and scope of environmental law.
- Gain insight into major U.S. environmental laws and regulations.
- Identify sources of environmental law and basic environmental law norms.
- Distinguish the various legal remedies available in law to ensure proper protection of environmental rights and compliance.
- Identify various levels for effective administration and implementation of environmental laws.
- Know the prominent provisions of environmental legislation governing the United States.
- Identify facility and operationally specific compliance requirements.
- Learn about lesser-known laws concerning PCBs, asbestos, lead, etc.
2 hours. Asynchronous WBT course, which means you can finish the course at your own pace. 2 months completion time. Extensions allowed.
Online Learning Format (Web-based).