ClydeUnion Pumps has a long established tradition of managing a very successful apprenticeship programme which has developed our engineers in meeting the needs of our business. When applications are advertised, online applications can be made via our Apprentice Training Center-EKGTA by visiting the relevant section of their website.
Many of our top people started their careers in ClydeUnion Pumps as an apprentice, and with the right attitude and ambition there is no limit to what can be achieved. We provide the basis for a strong foundation in engineering on which to build your career. Whether it is to work manually as a craftsman, or use the latest 3D CAD technology in the design department to create complex design drawings for our products.
Types of Apprenticeship
We offer three main types of apprenticeship:
- Craft: Multi-skilled machine operators, fitters or maintenance
- Technician (manufacturing): Involved in scheduling, planning & testing
- Technician (engineering): Work across a wide area including marketing, projects, drawing office/design using latest 3-D CAD software packages
What would I be doing if I joined the programme?
- A period of training in an approved training centre (off the job) for completion of a Level 2 VQ and an attainment of core skills to intermediate one level (minimum)
- Completion of a Higher National Certificate (day release at FE College)
- Completion of a Level 3 VQ in company through on-the-job training
- Specialist in-house training at our ClydeUnion Pumps Academy
- Opportunity for sponsorship to University following successful completion of the HNC aiming to achieve Chartered Engineer status