Asbestos Abatement Worker
From Asbestos Training
State and federal law (EPA, OSHA and DOT) requires the use of accredited abatement workers for asbestos removal projects involving more than small amounts of asbestos. This course not only meets the state and federal training requirements, it also prepares participants to conduct jobs to ensure that the work is done safely and efficiently.
- EPA and Institute Course Manual.
- Institute Compendium of Asbestos Rules
- Hands-on training in:
- Cleanup of a minor fiber release episode.
- Removal of resilient floor tile and mastic.
- Glove bag removal of pipe insulation.
- Use and maintenance of PPE, including respirator fit-testing (if desired trainees can bring their own P100 air-purifying respirators for testing).
- Constructing a negative pressure enclosure and 3-chamber decontamination facility.
- Removal of ACM from ceilings and from pipes.