Asbestos Management Planner
From Asbestos Training
Under its AHERA Asbestos in Schools Rule, EPA mandated that all public, nonprofit private, and Defense Department K-12 schools must have an updated management plan for each building that leases, owns, or otherwise uses as a school building even if there are no asbestos-containing building materials (ACBM) in such buildings.
Thus, the management planner must work with the building owner to accomplish two principal tasks:
- To prepare a management plan for all buildings with or without ACBM, and
- To make recommendations for the proper management of asbestos in all buildings with ACBM.
- Institute and EPA course manuals.
- Useful job aids and forms for completing the task.
- Classroom training.
- Required certification examination.
- Hands-on experience in plan preparation.
- Reviewing inspection reports.
- Assessing asbestos hazards.
- Regulations affecting building owners.
- Selecting from the five AHERA response actions to safely and cost-effectively manage asbestos in buildings.
- Preparation of management plan, including a complete Operations & Maintenance program.