Asbestos Management Planner Course
This Asbestos Management Planner training course accredits individuals to be the AHERA Dedicated Person to assess an asbestos hazard and recommend appropriate response actions. This training is for those responsible for facility mitigation activities, including management of data associated with asbestos work, response action planning, scheduling and administration. The Management Planner also coordinates any activities of an asbestos operations and maintenance program.
Training for asbestos abatement professionals is required under the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act of 1986 (AHERA), which is the authority under which EPA issued the EPA Asbestos Model Accreditation Plan. This course has been granted full approval by the EPA and various States to meet AHERA and ASHARA accreditation requirements for asbestos work in K-12 schools, as well as in public and commercial buildings.
A Management Planner must possess a valid Management Planner certificate and must have their certificate or a copy of their certificate with them at all times while working on the project. This workshop prepares you to immediately apply your knowledge to the field, with extensive hands-on training and real-world examples from experienced instructors. It combines lectures, discussions, and hands-on demonstrations.
Topics To Be Covered Include:
- Role of The Management Planner
- Evaluation and Interpretation of Survey Results
- Hazard Assessments
- Federal and State Regulatory Overview
- Selection of Response Actions
- Other Planning Considerations
- Multi-Disciplinary Team Approach
- Operations & Maintenance Programs
- Development of Operations & Maintenance Plan
- O & M Case Study
- Applicable EPA Guidance Documents
- Recordkeeping Procedures
- Assembling and Submitting a Management Plan
- Cost Estimation for Asbestos Abatement Projects