Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Worker Training
From Asbestos Training
OSHA (29 CFR 1926.1101(k)(9)) and EPA (AHERA, 40 CFR 763.92(a)) require that persons disturbing asbestos as a part of assigned maintenance or repair operations receive specific Asbestos Operations/Maintenance Worker training. The Institute's 16-hour initial course fulfills all these requirements except the site specific portion of the rules (that is, the actual location of ACM and PACM at the worksite and the structure of the asbestos management program at the site).
The course also allows trainees to meet the OSHA competent person requirements for persons in charge of Class III and Class IV maintenance projects and for competent persons in charge of an persons performing resilient floor covering removal work.
- Complete training manual.
- In-class progress examination.
- Extensive hands-on training, including
- Cleanup of a minor fiber release episode.
- Removal of resilient floor tile and mastic.
- Glove bag removal of pipe insulation.
- Use and maintenance of PPE, including respirator fit-testing (if desired trainees can bring their own P100 air-purifying respirators for testing).