Authorised Person - Mechanical Training Course
A 5 day training course designed to meet the essential requirements of safe working procedures on mechanical systems. Our most popular course is structured around the specific safety rules of the MOD and procedures contained in their Health and Safety Handbook JSP 375 Volume 3 Chapter 4, but it can be tailored to other standards by arrangement. Delegates who are to be appointed under safety rules, should be in possession of a completed and countersigned log book and should also be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of experience of mechanical systems and mechanical principles and theory.
Benefits of attending (for the delegate)
- Greater understanding and compliance with legislation.
- Better communication with colleagues.
Benefits of attending (for the employer)
- Compliance with legislation.
- An independent recommendation of suitability as an Authorised Person.
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What you will learn
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation.
- Operational Appointments, Roles and Duties of Appointed Personnel.
- A review of system components, definitions and properties - excluding steam.
- Site Surveys, Risk Categorisation and Demarcation Agreements.
- Risk Assessment.
- Scope of the Mechanical Safety Rules and Procedures.
- Isolation Methodology.
- Creating, documenting and enforcing safe working procedures.
- Audit and Monitoring.
- An introduction to MOD Mechanical Safety Rules and Procedures for Work on Mechanical Systems contained in JSP 375 Volume 3 Chapter 4.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- The output from this course is a recommendation to support an Authorising Engineer's decision when considering the appointment of Authorised Person's.
How is this training delivered?
- Delegates complete practical exercises that involve the management, application and control of documentation.
- There is an emphasis on hands on experience wherever this is possible.
- Assessment is by written paper on an isolation documentation exercise.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Delegates can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- Authorised Person: Boiler and Pressure Systems
5 day course for boilers and pressure systems requirements and safe working procedures.