Best Practice Using Veterinary Medicines Training Course
This is a combined classroom and hands on course.
At the end of the course trainees will be able to:
- Properly use medicines on farm
- Know how to store and maintain medicines
- Describe the differences between vaccines, treatments and supportive therapies.
- Understand the basic differences between antibiotic classes and their appropriate use
- Know the basics of wormers (anthelmintics)
- Know when and how to use NSAID medicines (eg anti-inflamatories)
- Understand the responsibility of those administering medicines to farm animals – Welfare / Safety / Public Health.
Safely and effectively administer veterinary medicines by different routes – drenching / bolusing / subcutaneous / intramuscular / intravenous injection