Bloodborne Pathogens for the Healthcare Industry Online Training
Bloodborne pathogens (BBP) are disease-causing microorganisms present in human blood, tissues, and organs. Three common BBP’s are human immunodeficiency virus (H IV), hepatitis B virus (HBV), and hepatitis C virus (HCV). This course discusses how BBP come in contact with Healthcare workers and techniques to minimize contact. Also discussed are housekeeping issues and clean up related to wastes contaminated with potentially infectious material.
Bloodborne Pathogens for the Healthcare Industry is designed for healthcare workers who handle human blood, tissues, and other potentially infectious materials, or waste that may come in contact with these substances.
Upon completion of this online course, you will be able to:
- Describe blood borne pathogens and how they are transmitted
- Control your exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Apply appropriate procedures in the event of an exposure incident
- Assessment Quiz on completion of the module.
- Credit Education Units: Bloodborne Pathogens for the Healthcare Industry Course qualifies for 0.5 American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) Credit Education Units (CEU's).
- Duration: 1-2 Hours
- Prerequisites: None
- Bloodborne Pathogens And Diseases
- Emergency Response
- Exposure Control
- Exposure Control Plan
- Sharps Exposure And Control
- Sterilization And Disinfection