Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM)
Certified Safety and Health Manager: Premier Level EHS Management Certification. Ebola outbreaks. Preventing falls. Ergonomics. Environmental impact. Campus Safety. These are the headlines that are the day-to-day concerns of companies in a myriad of industries. Employers and human resource managers are looking for HSE managers who have a broad understanding of OSHA regulations and industry standards that apply as well as keen management skills. It meets employer requirements for safety or industrial hygienist.
With CSHM certification, you give yourself a competitive edge and strengthen your career options.
CSHM tests technical knowledge of occupational safety and health plus working knowledge of business and financial principles and assesses your understanding of hazard analysis, accident investigation, safety audits, workers comp, product safety, environmental laws, labor relations, and more.
CSHM is a CESB-accredited certification. The Council on Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) is a self-sustaining independent body, which accredits certification programs that are consistent with sound credentialing practices tailored to the needs of engineering and technology specialties.
- Search & Rescue
- Education and many more.
- General and business management (20%)
- Management methods and systems (38%)
- Safety, Health, Environmental Applications (11%)
- Risk identifications, management and control (31%)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree plus five qualifying years of work experience or ASHM designation plus two years qualifying experience.
- Candidates who possess a valid certification with similar education and experience requirements (such as CSP, CIH, or CHMM) may meet the education and experience criteria without the submission of transcripts.
- Highest attained education level will be utilized as means of determining the experience requirement. An individual will not be allowed to stack education toward the experience requirement.
- Full time professional safety and health management experience acceptable. Requires position duties with 50% or greater safety and health management related activities.
- Two years of part time experiences with 25% or greater safety and health management activities may be substituted for one full-time year.
- 30 Continuance of Certification points must be accumulated over 5 years to maintain certification
- “Valid Government Issued Identification” is required for Certification.