Certified School Safety Specialists (CSSS) Certification
Few universities include environmental, health and safety curriculum for educations, yet many school boards, administrators, and security personnel are involved in risk management activities. The Certified School Safety Specialist credential takes a practical approach to increasing the level of professionalism for educators, facilities managers, and security personnel who are involved in carrying out safety and security activities in school environments. Developed by subject matter experts in occupational health and safety and education, with the support of NASSLEO, this certification is the first of its kind for safety professionals working in education.
- Validation of school safety skills and knowledge.
- Recognition of on-the-job experience.
- Meets employer requirements for career advancement.
- Peace-of-Mind for School Boards, Parents, and Patrons.
- Receive certification with no exam requirement through 2016.
- School Support Staff
- Security Professionals
- Transportation Supervisors
- Playground Supervisors
- Maintenance Supervisors