Commercial Skilled Persons Mechanical Training Course
A 2 day training course for skilled persons and prospective persons in charge who have a requirement to work to company specific safety rules and procedures for mechanical systems.
Benefits of attending (for the delegate)
- Greater understanding and compliance with legislation.
- Better communication with colleagues.
Benefits of attending (for the employer)
- Compliance with legislation.
- Better documentation, communication and enforcement of safe working procedures.
What you will learn
- Requirements of statutory regulation/legislation.
- Roles and duties of key personnel - AP Mechanical - P in C Mechanical and Skilled Persons Mechanical.
- An introduction to mechanical safety rules and procedures.
- Review of system components and associated dangers. Mechanical systems risk assessment.
- Safe methods of isolation.
- Creating, documenting and enforcing safe working procedures.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Frontline Skills Framework Utilities 5831 scheme unit 882 'Competent Person Mechanical'.
How is this training delivered?
- Delegates complete practical exercises that involve the management, application and control of documentation. There is an emphasis on hands on experience wherever this is possible.
- Assessment is by written paper on an isolation documentation exercise.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Delegates can bring with them any materials used by their own employer, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.
Delegates undertaking this course might also consider:
- Authorised Person: Boiler and Pressure Systems
5 day course for boilers and pressure systems requirements and safe working procedures.