COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) Awareness
Audience; Health and Safety advisers, line and middle managers, COSHH assessors, procurement and purchasing managers, engineering managers who require awareness of the COSHH regulations.
Ratcliffe-on-Soar (Nottingham), or a site of your choosing.
At the end of the course, you will have an understanding of the following:
- Understand the main hazards presented by harmful substances
- A working knowledge of the requirements under the COSHH Regulations 2002
- Carry out a basic assessment under the regulations
- Be able to implement a programme for the management of harmful substances
- Gain an appreciation of the requirements for adequate control and prevention
- Identification of hazardous substances under the regulations
- Carry out assessment
- Hierarchy of control measures
- Communication of findings
- Use of local exhaust ventilation equipment and its maintenance.