Development of Web Based GIS Applications using Open Layers and Leaflet – Online GIS Training
Enrolled students in this online course will have access to our virtual e-learning platform (which is available 24 hours), where they will find the content of the course, practical exercises, forum discussion and additional content. One of the advantages of this online platform, is that students can benefit of real time support and assistance offered by the instructor (2 hours per week), whom they can contact via direct messages, regarding course related issues, at any moment. They can also contact the instructor via email.
At the end of the course the students will acquire enough information that will allow them to develop and manage their own Web GIS infrastructure along with their applications. From the implementation of a map server, to the development of cartographic viewers with different purposes, this course will provide all the necessary skills for manage the best online mapping tools for web developers.
- Offer an overview about Web GIS mapping applications, a practice in a continuous expanding.
- Learn about the most popular open source tools used in Web GIS development: Open Layers and Leaflet.
- Gain the necessary programming skills for the development of Web GIS applications.
- Manage a map server in order to create your own services for accessing geographic data.
- Acquire knowledge about spatial databases, how they store information and how you can access it for your own Web GIS applications.