Disinfection of Water Mains Training Course
A 3 day training course incorporating City and Guilds assessment and accreditation to provide skills and knowledge for persons required to undertake the disinfection and sampling of water mains.
Benefits of attending (for the delegate)
- A greater understanding of the disinfection of water mains.
- Improved communication with colleagues as a result of improved confidence in the subject.
Benefits of attending (for the employer)
- Competent employees, better able to complete mains testing.
- Better documentation of reports and testing records.
What you will learn
- Appropriate methods of mains disinfection.
- Use of alternative types of equipment to disinfect water mains and related apparatus.
- Guideline to ensure working practices minimise the risk of contamination to the system.
- Safe working conditions and requirements relating to the handling and storage of disinfectants, tools and equipment.
- Calculation of dose for both solid and liquid disinfectants.
- Arrangement and procedures for the discharging and disposal of disinfected water.
- The operational planning and preparation of the distribution system needed prior to carrying out disinfection.
- Use of portable test kits to determine actual concentration of disinfectant achieved.
What qualifications will you achieve?
- This course incorporates assessment and certification under the City and Guilds Frontline Skills Framework Utilities 5831 scheme unit 268 Water mains Disinfection.
How is this training delivered?
- Theory is delivered in the classroom but there is an emphasis on hands on practical training.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Delegates should bring safety boots/glasses, overalls and waterproof clothing.
- Delegates can bring with them any materials used in their work, copies of risk assessments or management systems so that they can see how their materials fit in to the context of the training.