Effective Workplace Communication Training
From Other Training
Keep your workplace a great place to work with this highly interactive program. We give participants a variety of strategies for responding to inappropriate words and actions. The learning points are very clear and exercises are engaging and thought-provoking. We discuss the importance of diversity, including people with different values, backgrounds, skills and knowledge sets. Going beyond compliance, we bring in your organizational values to facilitate the process of creating a respect-filled workplace for all. Prerequisite for this training is our Respectful Workplace workshop or equivalent harassment prevention training.
Who Should Attend: Executives, managers, supervisors, all employees
Participants will learn:
- The legal and policy definition of bullying and abusive conduct
- How to respond as a bystander to harassment and bullying
- How to address unconscious bias and microaggressions
- The manager’s duty to prevent harassment and abusive conduct
- How to communicate boundaries and listen to others with respect
- How to confront challenging conversations with improved skills
- How to approach, not avoid, difficult conversations
- Guidelines for creating a respectful culture
Format: This program is highly interactive, using humor, stories, videos, small group discussion, and skill-building exercises to ensure deep learning and practical application. We feature excerpts from video programs to demonstrate common aspects of harassment and disrespect in short vignettes and are the starting point for small group discussions and skill-building exercises. Our instructors are seasoned attorneys, experienced trainers, and skilled facilitators who use personal stories and appropriate humor to make this topic fun and interesting.
Length: 3 hours