Energy Institute Training - Level 2: Energy Management Professional
Gain a comprehensive understanding of energy management, solve a real-world issue within your organisation, and achieve the Energy Institute's Level 2: Energy Management Professional online qualification.
The Energy Institute (EI)’s Level 2: Energy Management Professional online course offers a comprehensive overview of all the knowledge and skills required of a professional energy manager.
The course covers the essential technical theory of energy use, as well as providing an in-depth understanding of the managerial and commercial aspects of an energy management role.
The course is designed to help participants to save energy, reduce carbon emissions, meet their organisation’s environmental targets and save money.
It also includes a project that allows a student to solve a real issue within their organisation as part of the learning process.
Students can work through the materials at their own pace – ideal for busy professionals looking to develop their career while at work.This course can be used as CPD: 150 hours
- Professionals with 2+ years’ relevant experience either working as an energy manager or in a related area, OR
- Those who have successfully completed the EI Level 1: Certificate in Energy Management Essentials course.
On successful completion of the Level 2 course, you will achieve the Energy Institute Level 2: Energy Management Professional (EMP). Those who have 3 or more years’ energy management experience will be well-placed to move on to the EI Level 3: Advanced Energy Manager (AEM) course.
**This course is replacing the EI’s Level 2: Training in Energy Management through Open Learning (TEMOL) course. EMP and TEMOL are equivalent qualifications
- 15 modules totalling approximately 150 hours of online learning
- Tutor support with continuous assessment
- Flexible part-time study that can be started at any time throughout the year
- An integral 50-hour in-house student project supported by specialist tutors to solve a real energy management problem
Core modules (required):
- The role of an energy manager
- Heat transfer
- Fuels and combustion
- Finance, procurement and risk assessment
- Project implementation
Electives: take two modules from list A and a further 8 modules from list A or list B.
- Heating and ventilation
- Air conditioning and refrigeration
- Motors and drives
- Thermal comfort and building physics
- On-site electricity generation
- BMS systems
- The energy industry and energy costs
- Regulations and incentives
- Measurement and verification
- Data testing and analysis
- Energy management and transport
- Electricity grids
- Energy and the environment
- Energy management systems and standards
- Carbon management plans
- Water systems and auditing
- Compressed air
- Process heat and steam