W2O offers a comprehensive training course for the leather industry, which covers overall practical issues concerning leather processing and environmental technologies. The programme focuses on the cleaner technology aspects of tannery production taking into consideration local economic considerations.
The seminar presents state of the art clean technology and effluent treatment and new technical developments and covers also good housekeeping practices, recycling techniques, odour control, plant and process monitoring and also effluent and solid waste treatment. As part of the seminar, case studies and practical examples are being used to demonstrate recycling technologies (for example chrome recovery). In the following an on-site clean tech assessment is offered for the participating tanneries. During the visit factory operations are examined, looking at critical areas of process control in the tannery and opportunities for cost reduction. The results of the assessment are presented in a report detailing all observations and recommendations.
- Environmental Training in the Dominican Republic and in China, 2008 and 2009
- Cleaner technology & Environmental Training for a delegation of the Kenyan Leather Industry, Northampton University, 2008
- Cleaner technology & Environmental Training for a delegation of the Pakistani Leather Industry, Northampton University, 2008
- 'Curso de tecnologías límpias para multiplicadores' Clean tech training for trainers, Cali, Colombia, August 5th-8th, 2003
- Cleaner Technology and Environmental Training course for the mexican Leather Industry, Leon, Guanajuato, January 28th-30th, 2003
- Cleaner Technology and Environmental Training course for the Leather Industry of Colombia, Bogota, September, 2002
- Practical clean tech. training course 'Curso práctico de tecnologías límpias para la industria de cuero de Guatemala, May, 2002
- Clean tech assessment of automotive industry and leather industry for the CPIE Asian development bank project: ' Clean Technology in Thailand', 22nd-30th of April 2002, Bangkok, Thailand
- 'Cleaner Technology and Environmental Training course for the Leather Industry of Guatemala', El Salvador and Nicaragua, May, 2001