Europa Media - Horizon 2020 Project Management and Financial Reporting Training Courses
From Open Courses
This 2-day training course will introduce the first crucial steps for getting a Horizon 2020 project started on the right foot, provide practical tips to ensure a sound technical implementation of your project, and go into the issues of financial management and reporting.
Why participate in the 'Horizon 2020 Project Management and Financial Reporting' course?
Get a practical insight into:
- Avoiding financial mismanagement in your Horizon 2020 project;
- Drafting a sound consortium agreement and handling IPR issues;
- Putting together periodic and final reports;
- Getting prepared for technical reviews and EC audits.
Our lecturers and workshop leaders are flesh-and-bone project managers and coordinators, whose day-to-day work is to make sure that their multiple projects are implemented according to EC Grant Agreement, problems are promptly tackled, and project partners adequately assisted in legal, technical and financial management issues.
Over the years we have helped almost 1,000 project managers and coordinators in understanding the legal, technical and financial rules of the Research Framework Programme and managing European projects.
2. Lectures and practical workshops on project management and financial reporting
Experience Europa Media's well-known 'learning-by-doing' approach – presentations in the morning, then use your newly-acquired knowledge during the workshops specifically designed for the particular topics:
Project Management and Technical Reporting
- Grant Agreement negotiations – road to success and things that could go wrong.
- Getting started – models on Consortium Agreement, advance payment, bank guarantees, and the kick-off meeting.
- Efficient project management systems in practice – eligible and non-eligible costs, cost statements. Upgrading your system for Horizon 2020.
- IPR issues in practice – how to protect you background and how to benefit from the foreground
- Technical reporting – what to report and how?
- Technical reviews – Prepare for the best and worst opinion of the EC and the reviewers.
Workshop: Technical Management
During the workshop participants discuss real case scenarios related to coordination, budget, dissemination, modifying the project, etc..
Financial Management and Reporting
- Financial rules of Horizon 2020 projects – how to harmonise EU rules with you national taxation and internal accounting principles?
- Eligible and non-eligible costs, cost statements – upgrading your financial admin system.
- Different calculation methods of Personnel costs – employees and consultants
- Allocation of Travel costs, Equipment, Other costs, and Overheads based on practical examples.
- Subcontracting and third parties – how to avoid rejection of costs?
- Pragmatic approaches in reporting – point-by-point assessment of the prepared financial reports. Format, content, overall principles, possible bottlenecks
- Uploading of reports to the Participants portal – hints and tricks to control your partners’s spending.
Workshop: Financial Management and Reporting
Participants prepare a full financial report for a virtual research project, a role-play exercise, based on 'dummy' invoices, salary slips and time-sheets!
Whether you are an experienced FP manager or you are just about to start your very first Grant Agreement negotiations, this H2020 Project Management and Financial Reporting course will help you strengthen your technical and financial project management skills.
- Get a full insight to Horizon 2020 financial issues
- Find out how to cope with challenges in project implementation
- Understand how to allocate costs and prepare your Form C
- Learn how to put together technical and financial reports
Experienced project coordinators and financial managers will moderate practical workshops, covering all aspects of research project implementation.
Is this training right for me?
The course targets all those who are competitively participating in Horizon 2020 projects and want to develop technical and financial project management skills.
Whether an experienced Framework Programme manager or starting Grant Agreement negotiations for the first time, this R&I Management course will help you strengthen your management skills.
The training fee includes
- Training material in electronic format
- Coffee breaks and lunch at the venue
- Access to our My Trainings (downloadable background documentations, workshop materials, partner search)
- Certificate of attendance
Accommodation is not included in the course price and should be arranged individually by the participants.
(To book a hotel room at the venue hotel, booking form can be downloaded from the confirmation email received after registration.)