Fire Risk Assessment Course
A one day course that specifically aimed at those persons on construction Sites who have to some extent responsibility for Fire Safety and basic Fire Risk Assessment. Pre requisites to this course should be a basic knowledge of Fire Safety, although the content does include the combustion process, Fire Triangle and Fire Spread through buildings. The course also focuses upon the on-site management of Fire Safety, with reference to the provision of a suitable means of escape, fire extinguishing systems and the handling and storage of dangerous/flammable goods on site. Specific attention is given to the management of what is a constantly changing environment with regards to the safety of relevant persons in or about the construction site. This is done by way of ongoing “Fire Risk Assessment”, the identification of fire hazards and risks and the reduction of and management of those risks.
The course content is detailed but purposely concise. It has been specifically tailored to the Construction Industry. Delegates will be encouraged to work in syndicates throughout this enjoyable course which will culminate in a short test.
- Legal Requirements
- ODPM Guidance documents and PAS 79 systems
- The Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004
- The Fire Safety Order 2005
- The responsible person, meanings and duties
- Powers of Inspectors – Enforcement Notices
- Fire theory – combustion process, heat smoke and fire travel, sources of ignition, and sources of combustion
- Emergency and evacuation procedures
- Workplace fire safety inspections
- The Fire Risk Assessment process – 5 principal stages of Fire Risk Assessment
- Practical fire risk assessment includes area visit and completion of a PAS 79 style FRA document and a “report to senior managers” exercise