Green Process Management Online Course
This online, on-demand Green Process Management training course will teach you what it means to be 'green', why green is important to your business and how to help your company establish, achieve and monitor 'Green Goals' to reduce environmental impacts. Are you someone that is not sure about what it means to be “Going green?” Do you need to know about Green for business operations in contemporary society? No matter what kind of business you are involved in, whether it is the service industry or industrial sector, you have to have a good comprehension of what Green is and its associated environmental necessities and how this plays a role within your company and the work you do.
The term “Going green” has become a common catchphrase over the last few years, and now more than ever, numerous businesses are making the claim that their company is “green.” Whether or not this is actually true really depends on your understanding of what “green” truly means. Ironically, many people use the term “green” without a clue to its integral meaning. Only the small picture of this word is seen, not the larger one. Many people have various belief systems regarding climate change and impacts from businesses that produce toxins into the atmosphere (and we are not only talking about your typical factory setting that is burning waste and emitting smoke from the tall chimney stack). The concept of “green” will be sticking around regardless of where your belief system lies. In modern day society, it is becoming more apparent that in order to stay successful, your company may have no alternative but to address this problem and the environmental issues that have made headline news. Now is the perfect time for your business to “go green.”
About the online course
This online, on demand Six Sigma Green Process Management training program will teach you what it means to be green, why green is important to your business and how to help your company establish, achieve and monitor “Green Goals”. You’ll get the roadmap and tools necessary to get your business on the path to being Green. Upon completion, this program will help you strengthen your organization by understanding, communicating and implementing the core concepts of Green Process Management. Designed for professionals with little or no prior experience with Green or Six Sigma methodologies, this course helps you to understand what Green is, why it is important and gets you started down the road of going Green.
The instructor is Sam Windsor, who is a Six Sigma professional who wrote “An Introduction to Green Process Management.” Six Sigma Green Process Management sessions teach students about the standards involving green and specifics. These classes also give attendees a clear roadmap with the necessary tools in order to thrust a business forward in its search to benefit from cost reductions while enhancing its overall public image and augmenting sales by transforming into a real “green” organization.
What You’ll Get
- Digital version of the same, complete Green Process Management program delivered to our live classroom attendees
- On demand, 24/7 access for 6 months of access to this professionally narrated online SixSigma.us training course
- 6 months of access to the training manual in electronic format with the ability to print 2 copies for your own use.
- Online comprehensive final exam.
- Upon completion of the training and passing the comprehensive final exam, you will receive a certificate of training completion.
Online Program Requirements
- A computer with online access to the internet with a browser and Microsoft Windows
- Sound Card and Speakers
- Display Settings of at least 1024 X 768 Screen Size
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Secure PDF Viewer from LockLizard (provided for free)
- Flash Player
- Access to Microsoft Office 2000 or newer
- You are not to provide your login information to other users. Your online account is for your personal use.
Green Process Management
- What is Green?
- Terminology related to Green (Sustainability, GHG, impacts)
- Standards, certifications related to Green
- How do we impact Green?
- Benefits of going Green
- Where to start –use Six Sigma Methodology as your process (and our Green guidelines)
- Carbon credits, Sustainability, Recycling
- Overview of measuring and reporting Green
- Green jobs
- Environmental Management
- Implementation of Green