ENC's course intitled 'ISO/14064-1 Essential principles for Greenhouse gas inventories for enterprises and other organizations' familiarises organisms with the techniques and the comprehension of the practices necessary to quantify and manage one's Greehouse gas (GHG) emissions. ENC's professionals will detail the ISO 14064-1 norm in regards to the establishment of the organizational boundaries with regards to GHG emissions, to the quantification of GHG emissions and reductions as well as to determine which actions can be undertaken to constantly improve the good management of GHG emissions.
The course also covers the required elements and best practice methods for the quality management aspect of inventories, in regards to initially declaring one's emissions, to internal audits, to responsability of the organism in regards to the verification process. We also explain the role of the ISO 14064-1 norm in regards to other programs, norms and protocols in regards to GHG, including the ISO 14001 norm and the Greenhouse Gas Protocol elaborated by the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Business Council (WBC) on Sustainable Development.
- Requirements of the ISO 14064-1 Norm
- Understanding the relationship between ISO 14064-1 and the WRI, WBC as well as existing protocols
- Learn how to distinguish sources and sinks of GHG emissions
- Understanding the quality control mechanisms and quantification methodologies
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of the GHG verifier
- Learn how to plan, execute and elaborate an EMS of GHG. (Environmental Management System of Greenhouse gases)