The Centre recognizes that effective training for practical skills must be, at least in part, hands-on. To meet this need the Walkerton Clean Water Centre Research & Technology Institute, in collaboration with our Training Institute, is continuously working to increase the offering of courses using more elements of hands-on training.
The Available Hands-on Courses as of April 2012
- Operation of Conventional Treatment Processes (1.9 CEUs) for Operators, 2.5 day for postsecondary institutions
- Membranes for Drinking Water Treatment
- Performing Inspections and Maintenance of Fire Hydrants
- Performing Service Taps on Watermains
- Practice of Water Analysis and Interpretation
- Practice of Rapid Filtration
- Practice of Water Chlorination
- Slow Sand Filtration
- Treatability Studies and Jar Testing
First Nations Hands-on Courses
Operation of Conventional Treatment Processes:
Invitation to colleges and universities with a water related program to attend a special 2.5 day program at the Centre’s Technology Demonstration Facility.