This HAZWOPER Incident Command annual refresher course is designed to re-certify professionals who provide participants with an increased capability to assume the role of an Incident Commander during hazardous material response event; with specific emphasis on personnel safety and management of the HAZMAT scene. The students will become familiar with an emergency response plan. This course is targeted and helpful for anyone who may assume an ICS Command or General Staff role on a HAZMAT incident. In compliance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(q) regulations, this training is required for individuals having a role with Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response.
This On-Scene Incident Commander training program is designed to provide the student with the knowledge and skills to be able to assume responsibility and make decisions relating to the management of a hazardous materials incident. Major topics include hazardous materials management system; health and safety; incident management system; action plans, site management and control; problem identification; hazard and risk evaluation; personal protective equipment, information management and resource coordination; response objectives; decontamination management; and incident termination.
This course complies with OSHA regulations and can be taken online. The course consists of modules with the use of multi-media components for an engaging experience. This training must be provided for personnel who direct or command incident response operations. Plan States (approved by U.S. OSHA) must have standards at least as stringent as the Federal HAZWOPER training requirements. These Plan States may have additional training requirements.
- Includes 14 full length videos
- HAZWOPER Hands-on Simulator (OSHA accepted)
- Audio narration of text
- Over 55 interactive flash animations
- Award winning content
- Self grading quizzes and final exam
- OSHA Study Timer (tracks your study time login and logout at your convenience)
- Certificate of Completion (3 certificates) e-cert, 8×10 and wallet card (instant download of e-certificate upon course completion)
- HAZWOPER incident command access for 1 year from the time of registration
- Free registration into the National Repository® (download your certificates at anytime in the future)