OSHA Hazwoper Hazardous Materials Technician Initial
From HAZWOPER Courses
Trainees in this course will actually don and doff the type of Level A equipment used for protection during responses to releases of especially hazardous chemicals, as well as receiving training on all aspects of the response and their role in the overall incident management system.
- Institute course manual.
- Classroom training.
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards.
- Emergency Response Guide.
- OSHA HAZWOPER requirements for emergency responders.
- Chemical and biological hazard classification.
- Course competency exam.
- Classroom and hand-on experience in
- Personal protective equipment selection at a response scene.
- Techniques for monitoring for hazardous substances.
- Containment and control response options.
- Equipment, site, and personnel decontamination.
- Sizing up a response scene
- Site control