IEMA Foundation Certificate and/or IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities Certificate
Candidates who successfully complete the course assessment can opt for either qualification or, for a small additional fee, can elect to recieve both. Please note that the IOSH qualification is only available at present via the Face to Face study mode, pending approval by IOSH of our e-Learning format.
This foundation level course acts as the basis for all of the Cambio IPD programme and sets out the core skills and knowledge required by an environmental professional. The course is divided into three modules :
- Environmental sustainability - developing an understanding of the issues, pressures and opportunities associated with environmental management in an organisation
- Legal issues - providing an overview of current UK environmental legislation and its implications for business and/or the public sector
- Managing environmental performance including :
- The methods and principles behind the identification of an organisation's significant environmental aspects
- Environmental management systems - ISO14001 and EMAS
- An overview of the control and improvement techniques used to manage waste, energy and pollution prevention within an organisation
This environmental training course is aimed at people involved in company environmental improvement programmes and/or environmental management systems. The course is designed to be useful to delegates who have recently become involved in environmental management or for whom environmental management is an integral part of a wide range of responsibilities.
Note - a 3-day Face to Face version of this training course is also available for in-company delivery. The 3-day environmental training course is separate to the Integrated Professional Development Programme. Delegates who think they may wish to continue to the later parts of the combined syllabus programme eg the IEMA Associate Certificate course, are advisedto attend the full 5-day version.
Study options and costs
This Module is delivered regularly as a 5-day Face to Face course programme at a number of UK venues. Delegate fees are £995+VAT which includes all course costs but excludes accommodation. Successful candidates recieve the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management. For candiates who wish to achieve dual qualifications ie the IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities Certificate as well as the IEMA Foundation Certificate the course fee is £1045+VAT.
Candidates may also wish to join the IEMA at Affiliate membership level either before or following the course - membership fees are payable directly to the IEMA.
This Module is also available in an e-Learning format .
IPD Programme Module 2 leading to the IEMA Associate Certificate course and/or the NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management.