From Water & Wastewater
Discharges of stormwater from certain industrial activities and construction sites are subject to environmental permitting requirements. Understanding when permits are needed, how to obtain one, how to develop a stormwater pollution prevention plan, and effective implementation techniques is critical to maintaining compliance with this strictly enforced regulatory program.
The Industrial Stormwater Compliance Manager™ course is ideal for individuals responsible for managing stormwater permitting or developing and implementing a stormwater pollution prevention (SWPP) plan.
This unique course addresses the regulatory and management issues related to stormwater discharges under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES). The course is presented in a series of well-structured training modules, exercises, and open discussion to keep the instruction interesting and enjoyable. Course handout materials form a useful desk book for later reference.
If you have an SWPP plan, you are encouraged to bring a copy to class, along with a copy of the applicable Federal/State permit, so your plan can be reviewed by the class and instructor and an action plan developed to bring your plan into full compliance.
You will become qualified to lead stormwater pollution prevention permitting, plan development and improvement, and implement effective compliance strategies.
Topics Covered Include:
- Stormwater pollution prevention regulations
- Stormwater discharge permits - which one is right for you?Stormwater pollution prevention plans - required elements, implementation, and common pitfalls
- Minimum control measures and best management practices
- Common pitfalls and effective compliance strategies
- Special considerations for hazardous substances and wastes
Course Agendas are subject to change
Day One: 8:15 AM – 4:15 PM
- Welcome and Introduction
- Clean Water Act Permitting
- Stormwater Introduction
- Municipal Seaprate Storm Sewer Systems
- Construction Activities
- Lunch break
- Industrial Activities
- No Exposure Certificates
- Industrial Stormwater Permitting
- Monitoring and Sampling
Day Two: 8:15 AM – 3:00 PM
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Best Management Practices
- 12:00 PM: Course Ends for Virtual Attendees
- Lunch Break
Practical Application Exercises (In-Person Attendees Only)
- Virtual Facility Exercise
- SWPP Plan Review and Critique
- Course End