Infection Control Online Educational Training Course for Public Workers
Infection Control for Public Workers is an online educational training course on the basic elements of infection control. This course is intended for public care workers such as Children’s Aid Societies, long term care workers, and other front line workers exposed to the public and at risk of infections. This course is based on standard infection control practices adjusted to public care workers. It is not intended as a medical or health care provider infection control training course.
Infection Control for Public Workers Learning Objectives:
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of employees and employers
- List the causes of infection
- Identify means of transmission
- List ‘routes of entry
- Discuss immunization
- Identify effective hand washing techniques
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment
Apply safe work practices – spills, cleaning, laundry, client care eqpt, waste disposal reporting
- Select safe techniques for handling sharps
- Recognize blood borne pathogens
- Recognize airborne diseases
- Recognize enteric and food borne illness
- Recognize contact infections
Students proceed through self-paced and graphical, narrated lessons and a final quiz. Quiz results are automatically scored and stored for management reference.
For multiple enrollments, the Simply! Tracking program provides managers with access to completion data, batch certificate printing, expiry notifications, and training done and training due reports.
Infection control training is available 365/24/7 and relieves managers of the hassle of scheduling and delivering classroom employee safety training.
Infection Control Online Training Features:
- Multimedia with narrated audio to enhance learning
- Self-paced interactive tutorials
- ‘Resume’ feature
- Simple to operate
- Students can self-print certificates
- Automatic expiry alerting
- Randomized, automatically scored ‘cheat proof’ final exam