From Other Training
Hiring is the most important decision most managers make, but interviewing and selecting candidates are often neglected skills. In these competitive times no one has the luxury of making a bad hiring decision. Hiring the right candidates can put your company ahead of the competition, reduce the high cost of turnover and discrimination claims. In order to be successful, managers must develop staffing strategies that will support them in selecting top talent and avoid the wrong candidates while minimizing legal risk. This stand-alone program is most powerful when offered after managers have attended Managing Within the Law.
Who should attend: Executives, managers, supervisors, and leads who participate in the interviewing and hiring process.
Participants of this workshop will learn:
- The power of job descriptions and how to use them to the manager’s advantage
- How to ask effective and legal questions
- Why behavior based questions work and how to use them
- Screening resumes without creating legal risk
- What to do when applicants volunteer too much personal information
- Visas and hiring – what managers need to know about H-1Bs and more
- Considerations regarding a diverse (multi-generational and multi-cultural) workforce
- Understanding the employer’s policies, procedures, and forms for the hiring process
- The legal framework for hiring, including EEO laws, affirmative action, and reasonable accommodations
This program includes: Your organization’s policies and procedures, small group discussion, case studies and extensive Q & A. When it comes to behavior interviewing and interviewing technique tips, our instructors are seasoned attorneys, experienced trainers, and skilled facilitators who use personal stories and appropriate humor to make this topic come alive!