Involve your Purchase Department in Sustainability (GEO 026)
This course will introduce a green mindset into the purchasing decisions within all departments throughout an organizations' supply chain initiatives. This module will explain how greener purchase decisions can reduce both costs and wastes across the board. Vendors are finally offering more environmentally products and services and all employees will benefit from exposure to greener attributes in available products or services.
In the course you will be able to:
- Explain why companies need a green purchasing department.
- Compare the costs associated with older conventional methods and a newer green way of purchasing.
- Describe the benefits of a green purchasing department.
- Green Core Competency : Eco-Effectiveness - Sustainable Purchasing Practices
- Duration : 2 - 15 minute modules
- Location : ON-LINE Education
- Who Should Attend : Anyone wanting gain a basic understanding of Sustainable Purchasing Practices.
- Module Price: $35 plus HST
- Sustainability Learning Centre - Continuing Education Units (contact hours) :
- This is one of 5 themes and 13 modules in the 'Eco-Effectiveness' Green Core Competency: Sustainable Supply Chains, Sustainable Purchasing Practices, Transportation/Green Fleet Management, Green Building/Systems/Materials and Renewable Energy. Completion of the modules in this section and the on-line quizzes provide .5 units toward a Certificate of Sustainability Education.