ISO 14001 Certification – Environmental Management Sytems
ISO 14001 is the internationally recognized standard which specifies requirements that provide a framework for an Environmental Management System (EMS). One of the strongest appeals of ISO 14001 is that it can be applied to any enterprise, whether large or small, manufacturing or service, public or private sector.
Implementing ISO 14001 requires an organization to identify aspects of its operations that can impact the environment. In areas where the impacts are deemed to be significant, controls are applied to manage and/or improve performance.
An effective environmental management system certified to ISO 14001 isn’t just good for the environment; it’s good news for your business too and can directly correlate to substantial bottom-line savings.
By better managing your company’s activities, you can demonstrate that you operate in an environmentally responsible way, comply with relevant legislation, and meet your own environmental policy – all while driving continual improvement, increasing efficient use of raw materials and ultimately reducing costs.
Few businesses are immune to the growing pressure from customers, trading partners and regulators to demonstrate improved environmental management. An LRQA certified EMS can help you achieve this.
ISO 14001 is currently being revised by the ISO Committee with the final publication anticipated in late 2015. The changes are significant and understanding the changes in order to continue to meet ISO 14001 requirements is important. LRQA technical experts participate in standards development and standards committees in order to help ensure we’re able to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information to our clients.
ISO 14001 certification helps you to create a systematic framework to drive continual improvement, providing a competitive advantage for your organization because it:
- helps to reduce and eliminate reactive environmental strategies such as clean-ups and litigation that can result in legal penalties
- helps to manage and improve performance in key metric areas such as lower energy usage, waste reduction, increased recycling, and lower raw material and consumable costs
- provides a management system foundation that enables you to continually improve and build sustainable initiatives into existing business practices
- enables you to work with organizations who place an emphasis on environmentally friendly organizations
- reflects global consensus of good environmental practices
- ISO 14001 integrates easily with other standards, such as ISO 9001 (quality), FSSC 22000 or ISO 22000 (food safety), OHSAS 18001 (occupational health and safety), and ISO 50001 (energy management), helping to ensure continual improvement in all areas of your operations and business processes.
ISO 14001 certification from LRQA publicly demonstrates your commitment to environmental protection and improvement while directly providing substantial bottom-line savings, offering a competitive advantage for your business. LRQA offers:
- Trusted experience - More than half of the world’s top 200 companies choose LRQA. Our experts has been at the forefront of standards development and a market leader in ISO 14001 certiﬁcation and training for years, and LRQA was actually the first certification body to become accredited by UKAS to deliver ISO 14001 certification.
- Technical expertise – Our assessors and technical specialists have some of the most extensive ISO 14001 and environmental management experience in the world. Many are hand-selected to provide input into the work of the ISO technical committees and are able to provide first-hand insight into requirements of the standard and the standard’s logic.
- Accreditation - Globally, LRQA has been independently accredited by multiple accreditation bodies to provide ISO 14001 certification.
- Proven client satisfaction – Year after year, LRQA clients continue to report overall satisfaction rating of our service and technical support.
- Impartiality and objectivity – With no shareholders of our own, we are independent and impartial in everything we do. We are committed to acting with integrity and objectivity at all times.
- Assessment methodology – LRQA helps you manage your systems and risks to improve and protect the current and future performance of your organization. Our approach is built on three pillars and extends the focus beyond the certificate to an assessment approach designed to help organizations meet their strategic objectives. This is why we’re confident that LRQA will help clients transition to the ISO 14001:2015 standard with ease.