ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 Advanced: Beyond the Basics
This is an advanced course in the application of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements. The course will provide a brief overview of the requirements of this laboratory standard, as well as provide an understanding of how to apply specific sections of the Standard in your laboratory. Employees of accredited laboratories may benefit from this expansion on their base knowledge of the Standard.
- Basic review of the ISO/IEC 17025 Standard;
- Discussion of commonly cited deficiencies and how to avoid them;
- Understanding documentation and record requirements; and
- Understanding and implementing root cause investigation and corrective action processes.
- Understanding of the ISO/IEC 17025 Standard; and
- Experience working within an accredited management system structure.
This course is intended to augment the knowledge of staff working in an accredited laboratory.
The course is intended for individuals with a good working knowledge of the Standard. It will be beneficial for laboratory scientists, quality professionals, managers, supervisors, team leaders, and others responsible for implementation of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements in an accredited laboratory setting.
A short exam will be given to participants at the conclusion of the course to measure their understanding of the material presented.
After successful completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the clauses against which deficiencies are commonly cited;
- Recognize how to avoid commonly cited deficiencies;
- Interpret documentation requirements;
- Interpret record requirements; and
- Demonstrate how to perform root cause investigations.
0.6 CEUs Awarded*
Lecture, discussion, and group exercises.