Legionella Training and Legionnaires Disease Awareness Courses
Feedwater has over 30 years of practical experience in controlling legionella and provides comprehensive legionella training courses covering Legionnaires’ disease awareness and prevention and all aspects of ACoP L8 compliance.
Management failings are invariably a root cause of all outbreaks of Legionnaires' disease and one of the chief causes is lack of training and awareness, by management and operators, of the risks and how to control them.
In its publication 'Legionnaires' disease: The Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems' ACoP L8, the UK Health and Safety Executive specifically states that people involved in implementing precautionary measures should be adequately trained.
Feedwater offers a range of standard and bespoke Legionnaires training courses covering all aspects of legionella awareness and control. These training courses can be tailored to your specific requirements and can cover topics such as:
- What is legionella, Legionnaires' disease and legionellosis?
- ACoP L8 training - What the law requires and how to comply
- Legionella Risk Assessment Training – How to identify and assess the risk of your water systems
- Developing control measures
- Legionnaires disease control for cooling water systems
- Legionnaires training for hot and cold water systems
- Water Treatment courses for spa and leisure pools
- Management Responsibilities and Record keeping requirements
Training is provided by experts in the field and delivered to small groups to ensure the delegates are fully engaged. Most courses involve a knowledge test and at the end a certificate is issued.
As well as training, we provide a comprehensive range of legionella control services:
- Legionella Risk Assessment
- ACoP L8 Compliance & Water Hygiene Services
- Legionella Testing Service
- Disinfection and cleaning services
- Cooling Water Treatment
- Cooling Tower Foam Cleaning
- Legionella Control with Chlorine Dioxide
This is one of our most popular courses, run by Gary Hogben(*), a legionella expert and stimulating trainer.
This course provides broad-based training giving delegates an understanding of what legionella is, why it is a risk, how to assess and control that risk and how to comply with ACoP L8 and the law.
The Legionella Awareness Training Course covers the following areas:
- The background to Legionnaires’ disease and other legionelloses.
- All you need to know about the bacteria
- The legal requirements of COSHH and ACoP L8
- Risk identification and assessment
- The written scheme of control
- Management responsibilities
- Maintenance precautions and control measures in at-risk water systems
- A short multiple-choice examination.