Lockout/Tagout and Hazardous Energy Control Training Course Online
Lockout/Tagout and Hazardous Energy Control Training describes the features and implementation of OSHA’s Control of Hazardous Energy standard (29 CFR 1910.147). The material is intended for all “affected workers” and provides the essential information for “authorized workers” to safely perform work on both electrical and non-electrical (moving/rotating, hydraulic, pneumatic, chemical, or thermal) energy sources.
Primary audience is affected workers: those who operate or work in the area of equipment on which service or maintenance is being performed under lockout/tagout.
Secondary audience is authorized workers: those who perform maintenance and repair activities and need to practice lockout/tagout procedures.
Upon completing this online course, you will be able to:
- Identify the main types of hazardous energy and recognize which ones apply to you.
- Describe the purpose of a lockout/tagout program.
- Define the responsibilities of the individuals that are affected by a lockout/tagout program.
- Apply methods and procedures involved in an effective lockout/tagout program.
Assessment Quiz on completion of the module.
- Definition Of Lockout/Tagout And When It Applies
- Hazardous Energy
- Individual Responsibilities And Procedures
- Regulatory Requirements