Low Risk 6150-01 Confined Space Training
For persons nominated to work in or at confined spaces where work has been assessed and classified as NC1 (Low Risk) under the Water UK scheme and who require pre-assessment training to prepare them for assessment in City & Guilds (NOS) 6150-01.
A review of the requirements of the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997 leads to an understanding of how to:
- Verify a Confined Space as NC1 (Low Risk) category
- Verify the necessary permissions and control for work at NC1 (Low Risk) category Confined Spaces
- Use and interpret gas monitors and recognise problem atmospheres
- Organise and use safe working procedures for given tasks at NC1 (Low Risk) Confined Spaces
- React positively to alarms and emergency situations
Comprises one day of training and assessment. Candidates should bring their own safety footwear, coveralls, hard hat and gloves for the practical exercises.
Health Standard - this course makes use of all equipment and includes practical exercises in confined spaces simulations. This is a physical demanding course and delegates must be deemed medically suited, an honesty health questionnaire or fitness statement signature will be required.
City & Guilds question papers and practical assessment observation checklists will be submitted upon assessment completion and certificates will be issued subject to final verification.