Managing Solid and Hazardous Wastes
This one-day course describes the U.S. solid and hazardous waste management system. After describing the process by which one characterizes the waste outputs from a facility, the course moves on to the requirements for generators to properly manage hazardous wastes and universal wastes from cradle to grave. This course can be taken on its own, or for persons new to hazardous materials management, as the third day in our four-day Introduction to Hazardous Materials Management course.
- Institute course manual.
- Classroom training.
- Opportunity to discuss site-specific waste concerns.
- Classification of solid waste.
- The impact of recycling, recovery, reclamation, and reuse on the status of waste.
- Procedures for management and disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Methods to avoid becoming a RCRA TSD facility.
- Complying with the land disposal restrictions.
- Shipping hazardous wastes offsite.
- Managing waste records.
- Procedures for management and disposal of special / industrial / PCB / asbestos wastes.