Modflow Beginners Training Course
- Overview and fundamentals of MODFLOW
- History and applications of MODFLOW and MODPATH
- Review of numerical grids, boundary conditions, solvers, etc.
- Review of case studies applying MODFLOW, MODPATH and MT3DMS
- Construction of a simple MODFLOW model with MODPATH.
- Numerical design, two boundary conditions, constant head, river, well, well head capture, drain, changing boundary condition type
- Construction of a real world case model, assigning no flow and river boundary conditions, importing top and bottom of aquifer in model
- Moving into the third dimension, 5 layer model, transient simulation
- Calibration of models using a real case study, applying PEST and the pilot point method of calibration