Nebosh - National Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health Course
The NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health course is created around UK legislation and best practices for managing and implementing safety management systems. This online NEBOSH Diploma course provides the knowledge and understanding that underpins competent performance as an Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner (OHASP).
There are no prerequisite entry requirements for the NEBOSH National Diploma qualification.
It will be greatly beneficial for students to have already achieved certification in either the NEBOSH General Certificate prior to undertaking this Diploma level course, as this greatly improves a students’ potential end-result.
There are five key topics covered in this Diploma:
- Management of health and safety at work.
- Management of stress at work.
- The importance of human factors in reducing incidents.
- The identification and control of risk associated with hazardous agents, workplace issues and equipment.
- The Key legal frameworks for health and safety in the UK, including the key elements of health and safety systems.
Students should be mindful this is a Degree level qualification and as such SHEilds classify the NEBOSH National Diploma as a demanding qualification.
Students may find it very difficult to gain a pass mark if they do not have existing background knowledge as a health & safety practitioner or the ability to study at Degree level.
Designed for individuals with a desire to progress their career within the United Kingdom, this NEBOSH National Diploma course will help you to develop the knowledge and skills in order to become a fully qualified health & safety practitioner.
If you intend on working outside of the United Kingdom, you must study the NEBOSH International Diploma as this covers international best practices. The International Diplomas omits the requirements of UK Law and Legislation.What level is the NEBOSH National Diploma?
NEBOSH Diplomas are a Level 6 qualification on the NQF, a Level 10 on the SCQF and equivalent to a Bachelors Degree. To progress further, we suggest moving on to a Level 6 NVQ or NEBOSH Environmental Diploma course.
National Diploma Quick Facts:
- Course Level: Equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree
- Time dedication: 250-500 hours
- Course duration: 24 Months
- Course eLearning access: 24 Months
- Average completion time: 12-18 Months
- Study method: Online
- NEBOSH Training & Support: Yes – ask us anything
- NEBOSH Assessment: Three Written Exams + One Project
- Exam: In-person at Exam Centre
- Exam Dates: Jan or July
- Project: Assignment with Tutor Guidance
- Project Dates: Feb, May, Aug or Nov
This Diploma level course and builds directly upon the knowledge provided by the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
Becoming qualified will also benefit your company – employing appropriately qualified professionals enables employers to adhere to the strict UK legislation and management standards, such as achieving ISO 45001:2018.
Some businesses will only use the services of companies that meet particular recognised standards.
Training costs are often many times less than those associated with classroom training, including:
- Employee downtime
Be at the top of the queue for job interviews or quickly progress within your organisation as a professional health and safety practitioner.
No formal entry requirements exist to enrol on to this NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice. This course is equivalent to an Honours Degree and candidates must be prepared to study at this level.
The only critical requirement to enrol on this course is that the student must have an appropriate understanding of the English language in order to articulate the concepts within the course syllabus.
So long as you meet the required standard of English, you can enrol on the NEBOSH National Diploma.
- MOD bases (great for MOD-ELC students)
- Offshore rigs (inc. shipping/supply vessels)
- Secure Installations (nuclear plants, government building, etc.)
- Isolated locations (desert facilities)
- All countries
There is the potential to become a Registered Membership of the Association for Project Safety (RMaPS), however this involves completing a NEBOSH Construction Certificate in addition to this Diploma.
Once you’ve completed this qualification you’ll be entitled to use the professional post nominals DipNEBOSH after your name, on business cards, letters and emails, etc.
Those eligible can use their Enhanced Learning Credits enabling you to claim up to 80% off the usual costs of this Diploma. You’ll pay only 20%! Ask us to see if you qualify