Online Electrical Safety Training Course & Certification
From Online Training - Workplace Safety
Introduction to Electrical Safety is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA’s training requirements under 29 CFR Part 1910.331. Topics covered include how electricity works, common electrical hazards, PPE for electrical work, “Controlled Grounding”, “Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters”, faulty wiring, electrical accidents, and secure work environments.
Training Course Details
- This course is 100% OSHA compliant.
- Printable certificate and wallet card are issued instantly upon course completion.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Can I purchase this course for multiple employees?
Absolutely, simply type in the number of users on the right hand side of this page before clicking the 'Add to Cart' button. We do offer volume discounts as well.
How much time is given to complete the course?
There is no time limit. Students can also leave the course and re-enter it at their convenience, all course progress is tracked on our secure servers.
Who is required to take this course?
Per OSHA regulations, all employees that face a risk of electrical shock that is not reduced to a safe level by engineering controls.
Can I take the course on my tablet or phone?
Yes! Our online training platform is compatible with IOS and Android phones and tablets.
When does the course certificate and wallet card expire?
One year from the date of course completion.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Work safely with electricity on the job.
- Find hazards like cracked wires and defective equipment.
- Follow safe, OSHA -approved practices at work.
- Use the appropriate PPE and tools.
- Prepare properly for an emergency following OSHA guidelines.
- A basic overview of common electrical terms like “current”, “volts”, “amperes”, and “watts”.
- Review how electricity works with circuits and loops.
- Electrical outlets and the damage that results from plugging in too many pieces of equipment.
- The use of proper circuit breakers and fuses to prevent damage.
- Avoiding Common Electrical Hazards
- How electricity can leak or jump from a conducting wire.
- The method of “Controlled Grounding” and how it helps keep you safe.
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters as a life-saving device.
- Information on faulty wiring and the accidents that can result such as shocks, burns, fires, and more.
- Selecting Proper Equipment
- Overloaded circuits and how to properly ground all electrical equipment.
- Using double-insulated tools and looking out for sparks while working with electrically powered machinery.
- Avoiding conductive materials like liquids, steel wool, and metal hand tools.
- Being aware of flammable materials that don’t react well with electricity.
- Selecting the right PPE for the specific job.
- Work Environments
- Get rid of water before you begin any electrical work.
- Working in confined spaces and around high voltage power lines.
- OSHA guidelines for what workers who aren’t qualified should avoid.
- Knowing what different types of equipment require.
- Electrical Accidents”
- How to react if there is a leak of a flammable gas or vapor.
- Handling an electrical fire, or a person who is in contact with a live wire.
- A basic review of first aid that is necessary for electrical accidents.
No reviews were found for Online Electrical Safety Training Course & Certification. Be the first to review!