Practical Aspects of Landfill Gas and Groundwater Monitoring
From Land and Landfill
2 Day Residential Course: Are you involved in the monitoring of landfills, either as operator or regulator? This course will not only provide you with an understanding of sampling and monitoring of gas and groundwater, but additionally will allow hands-on use of a selection of commonly used instruments, in a simulated set of conditions.
By the end of the course you will have:
- An appreciation of the range and uses of relevant equipment
- An understanding of the correct monitoring procedures
- An understanding of the necessary protocols and the methods of quality assurance (QA)
- Had practical experience in the sampling of gas and groundwater
- Appreciate the methods of drilling and borehole construction
- Appreciate the importance of correct and rigorous equipment maintenance.
This course consists of a series of lectures illustrated with examples of the equipment in normal use for a range of sampling and monitoring procedures. Delegates will have the opportunity to experience “hands-on” use of a selection of instruments most commonly used in a simulated set of conditions.
Due to the practical, “hands-on” nature of this course places are strictly limited to 12 approx. Early booking is therefore advised.
This course is intended for Environmental technicians, health and safety personnel, consultants, or any person involved in environmental monitoring; using sampling pumps; collecting landfill gas, water or groundwater samples; the monitoring of landfill gas, or groundwater of any kind.