Pulsar Instruments - Noise and Vibration Measurement Training
Pulsar Instruments provides a range of one-Day Training Courses for H&S Practitioners and Employers.
1) Learn how to measure and manage Noise at Work in just one-day!
Occupational noise, is one of the biggest causes of hearing loss and tinnitus in workers today. There is no cure for this “noise-induced hearing loss” but it is preventable by making sure that employers understand the noise regulations, address workplace noise hazards and supply appropriate protection when needed. If you’re not sure how to go about this then this one-day noise awareness course is for you.
The course, based at people responsible for health and safety in their organisations, will help you address the following questions:
- Do we have a noise at work problem and, if so, who is at risk?
- How do I comply with the ‘Controlling Noise at Work Regulations 2005?
- What do I need to measure and why should I calibrate my noise monitoring equipment?
- How do I apply my measurements to the current action levels and exposure limits?
- What should I do if we exceed any of these levels or limits?
2) Learn how to measure and manage vibration from handheld power tools
Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome, a painful and permanent condition, is a real risk to many people to regularly use handheld power tools. There is no cure for it but you can prevent it by assessing the vibration magnitude of the tools and ensuring that your employees stick to their limits of use. If you’re not sure how to do this then this course is for you.
The course, based at people responsible for health and safety in their organisations, will help you:
- Identify who might be at risk
- Understand how to use a vibration meter
- Find out what you have to do to comply with the ‘Controlling Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
- How to use the software supplied with our Pulsar vB to log vibration levels and set policy for the usage limits of tools.