Thermo Fisher Scientific offers FREE training on the use of Thermo Scientific Niton handheld XRF analyzers for lead (Pb) and other metals. This training is offered to provide customers and prospective customers with an overview of the power of portable XRF analyzers, and to comply with the requirements of certain jurisdictions which mandate that users obtain radiation safety training on these instruments for licensing/registration purposes.
Web-Based (Online) Training
- For customers, online courses can be found in the Thermo Scientific Online Portal Site, or TOPS (Click Here for TOPS). First time users will need to create an account. (Please note that it may take 1-2 business days for authorization of new accounts.) Online training modules, including radiation safety, regulatory requirements regarding hazardous materials, Li-ion battery transportation requirements, and other safety trainings are included. Additional training topics are added throughout the year. Please check back often to see topics and availability.
- One-Day Radiation Safety Course Overview:
- Introduction to XRF
- Basics of radiation safety
- Safe use of Niton XRF analyzers
- Niton XRF analyzer features and functions
- Overview of applications (e.g., alloy analysis, RoHS compliance testing, consumer products screening, lead in paint and soil analysis)
- Regulatory compliance for ionizing radiation
- Hands on session.