Responsible Sourcing Training
Responsible Solutions experience in Responsible Sourcing commenced in late 2008 when we were engaged to assist CELSA Steel on their journey to achieving Eco-Reinforcement Certification (www.eco-reinforcement.org); this is a sector specific scheme compliant with BES6001 for concrete reinforcing bars. In addition to providing advice and support to CELSA in achieving certification we participated in the consultation on the final draft of the standard. Since then we have continued to build competence and experience on responsible sourcing, including working for British Gypsum during 2011/12 to assist them in achieving the BES6001 Very Good Certification.
- Responsible Sourcing Strategy development
- Initial gap analysis to the standard
- Support in implementing requirements within the standard (including ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 implementation)
- Awareness training of employees (including sales teams)
- Pre-certification audits.
As Lead Training Partner in the Supply Chain Sustainability School (www.supplychainschool.co.uk) we have delivered numerous Introduction to Responsible Sourcing courses during 2012 & 2013.
Some things you may wish to discuss might include when you give us a call…
- What is involved in gaining BES6001?
- Where are you on the Responsible Sourcing journey?
- Review your own gap analysis against BES6001
- Which stakeholders do you need to consult for BES6001?
- How to engage your suppliers in sustainability issues?
- Do you need to gain ISO14001 certification?
- How to gain buy in to your EMS
- How to answer specific PQQ questions
- Testing your emergency response procedure
- How to revise your objectives and targets in your EMS
- Keeping on top of internal audits – what else can you do?